Dogs in Brazil Our Work

Dogs In Brazil

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Kennel Cough

Hi I am back. I had kennel cough! First time I have ever been ill and it was awful. I coughed and coughed and coughed and I vomited everywhere. Then everybody got all but I started it. I was the first one so that's something unique that only I can lay claim to. All the other eight followed. Nine of us have had it up until today. It's called kennel cough although most of us that got it so far live in a house. That's strange isn't it. Mom got a cough to. I thought she was going to start barking soon. She is almost better now too. We all had to take antibiotic pills and mom had to spend a fortune because we were taking 32 pills per day between us all.


Gemma  was very ill and poor Pebbles has it as well. Guga also had it but the strong old warrior got over it quickly. Mom is hoping there are no more new victims of this virus and that it has run it's course. Now for some photos of us this week. Remember I told you all I am not going to be so selfish in future well here I am with poor Pebbles and I let her lay her head on my back.


Here is Guga and Gemma and Pebbles. Guga likes Gemma too. We invited her to join the gang. So now there are four in our gang. Misty, nIcki and Jessie don't want to be gang members. They said we are a gang of dimwits because we spend our day pretend fighting and playing ball. I guess they have no sense of fun for some reason.  


Pebbles has been much better since she got her medication. She chased a butterfly this week and has been coming outside with us to play. She is still very thin because she is still not eating properly but she is eating a lot more. She looks a lot brighter and dad took her out for a ride in the car. She loved that. They always take me out in the car because of my destructive habits. I realise it's good to destroy the house because if you do you get rewarded by constant car rides. I went out on two long journeys this week and loads of humans came to say 'hello' and give me a stroke. They just can't resist me. I heard the guy in the car park ask Dad if he could borrow me because all the ladies came over to see me. It's great being irresistible.

I took this picture. I told Guga to smile and the silly old man stuck his tongue out at me. I guess it's his age.


I had to put the camera down and go and have a word in his ear.



I have been teaching Gemma a few of my special tricks. One is how to climb on Guga's back. she is a good student


I also have taught her how to sleep in Mom and Dad's bed. She took a while to work up the courage but last night she took the plunge and slept there all night despite Misty and Jessie being in the room.


Mom fell in love with a shaggy street dog this week. Looks like he has a bad hair cut to me!






Tasha is still waiting for her house Mom and Dad went on two real long journeys, Of course I went to we were hunting something called Sun Super money and had to fiight the Banco Brasil in order to get it. Apparently we haven't got it yet.  


Here is Trooper he has so far escaped the kennel cough.






 

2 comments:

Critters Galore and so much More....... said...

Glad to hear so many of you are feeling better!!! Kennel cough is the pits.... yuck!
Tasha looks pretty patient to us. And we all know that Guga is tough as a keg of nails. chuckle
Good luck with everything thats going on, and we'll keep sending healing energy your way!

Maria Godoy said...

your posts are awesome joey :) :) thank you for keeping us up to date and for being so sweet to gema and pebbles :D