DIB new video

Dogs in Brazil Our Work

Dogs In Brazil

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Maybe we should change the plan

As it has become obvious we are not going to be able to sell our house in time mom and dad have been thinking. Maybe we should start looking for somewhere to rent right now. The plan is to move to the very outskirts of Teresopolis where we would have a probabilty of earning money. Where we are situated now it is just not feasible. It's a sparsley populated mountain village 55 kilometres from the nearest city. Even our bakery was 45 kilometres away and fuel for cars is highly expensive here. So, once near a big city there would be many more opportunities for us to earn a  living. We would abandon here and maybe keep pestering the rich and famous in the hope against all odds that one would send a substantial donation enough to pay off the house debts. We would then continue to try and sell the house.  Meanwhile we could rent somewhere and set up kennels for our dogs. Maybe we should be campaigning for this because although the move and deposit for a rental house will be costly at least we would have a chance of getting there. We  would need to raise the rent money and moving costs only, which would be less than saving our home. If, wait until the last moment it will be worse and we are already suffering with days of no food, soon no electricty, internet, no money for gas to cook, or hot water to shower. It is obvious even if the bank gave us more time that we need to be earning money ASAP. Mom is very sad and defeated today, but she is still determined to look after us even if they lose everything including the equity in their house.   


Jan's Funny Farm said...

It sounds like a good plan. We hope it works well and you are all in a better situation soon.

Foley Monster and Pocket said...

The new plan sounds like a good plan to us. I hope it works out for you. Keep up the good fight.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan. Talk to the bank again and see if they will suspend payments while you continue to try and sell the house after you move. An abandoned house has no value to the bank it will deteriorate. Would it be possible for you to rent out the house to cover the payments?