DIB new video

Dogs in Brazil Our Work

Dogs In Brazil

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Henry's Story and Emmy's First Anniversary at the Rainbow Bridge.

Yesterday Emmy came to see me from the Rainbow bridge. She knew Mom and Dad are still missing her. Mom and Dad put flowers on her grave and on Pebble's too. She died on the 29th May last year suddenly and would of been ten this year had she lived longer. We all miss her terribly. I miss playing with her. She comes to help me with my blog but she doesn't play with me like she used too. She says she can play all she likes where she is and she only comes back to help me become a professional blogger like she was. Mom was down at heart all day and fretting about the impending move. All sorts of stuff has to be worked out. 

Here are the yellow flowers Mom and Dad picked for her and below there she was on the sofa her favorite place. 

 She loved me from the first day that I arrived when I was a tiny little squirt of a puppy.

She was my special friend. R.I.P Emmy. Now on to Henry. Mom and Dad have managed to piece together some bits of his life. When he first arrived Mom said she recognized him. She has a very good memory for dog faces. He is doing well and is a bit happier. he hasn't told us anything yet so we all have to guess what he went through. The only thing we know for sure is that it wasn't good. Here he is wearing his new collar. He is still quite bald and thin but he can wag his tail now like the rest of us. 

Mom went through old pictures until she found the pics that were taken of Henry nearly a year ago when they first saw him in July 2012 living on the streets. He didn't have mange at this point nor fear of humans and Dad fed him several times. he was a lot fatter too. Then he disappeared. 

Next time Dad and Raili, our visitor from Finland, saw him was practically a year later and he looked much worse and was mentally broken down by fear. Here he is in May 2013.

Dad had to pick him up as he was in danger looking like that on the streets. Well Dad asked around and at a shop nearby people knew him well. He was picked up by a mentally ill man. The staff and owner saw him regularly being beaten and dragged on a rope down the road. They say the guy that took him was a hunter who ate Gamba (A rodent like creature here). We don't know why he abandoned Henry again after abusing him for a year and starving him. Anyway Henry is slowly recovering from the worse and Mom says he will get better. He looks sad in the next two pictures.

His eyes have started to shine again after being treated kindly. He snuggles on Mom's lap.

He gives his paw. 

 He looks at Mom and Dad. He was afraid to do this at first.

His soul has been sprinkled with happiness dust.

Then another dog arrived. Her name is Rosie and Mom and Dad took her to meet Henry. He wagged his tail.

 She is also very thin but full of energy. 

Mom and Dad let me meet her. 

When Henry gets better Rosie is going to share a kennel with him. Then Guga went to the vet clinic with Little One. I didn't get her picture because she is always hiding. The vet says she has Canine Senile Dementia and that there is no cure for her odd behavior. She is very old now and has been with Mom for ten years now. Guga had another Ultra Sound Scan because his bladder problems continue. I am not saying he is fat but they couldn't put him on the clinic table in case he broke it. He had to have the ultra sound scan on the floor. He has four stones in his bladder. I don't know how they got there but they are trying to dissolve them because the vet says he is very old for surgery. 

Here he is coming home after the indignation of lying on the floor for his exam. I laughed when he wasn't looking. 

Dougal hasn't found a new home yet or Charlie. He is a nice young puppy and loves playing ball. 

He is always smiling.

Finally me, my girl and Val. 


No comments: