Dogs in Brazil Our Work

Dogs In Brazil

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Hi I have been a bit lazy lately and haven't been blogging. I took over a year off. I am getting old now. I am a Black Mouth Cur mix, but my black mouth is turning white now. My name is Joey and I am the blogger for Dogs in Brazil. I took over from Emmy when she went to the rainbow bridge. Emmy was much more productive than me. I have other priorities in life like Chicken and naps in the closet. I had much more energy when I was a young handsome guy. Don't get me wrong I am still handsome. Well! Mom and Dad are still rescuing dogs. It has been going on for 17 years now. I have seen so many dogs come and go. Many leave the country and I see pictures of them living in luxury some even have heated beds. Others have died of old age, or died due to the terrible state they were in when mom and dad found them sick on the streets. Mom and Dad do everything they can to save each one they find in trouble. There are 128 dogs here now. That makes Mom and Dad very busy people. They struggle to keep up financially and physically and Mom has been ill lately.
So what is new?  There many new dogs. Mom picked up an old guy that was limping badly with real bad teeth. Wonder if they make dentures for dogs because he certainly needs them. Many dogs have traveled abroad and are having fun. First this is Bailey the old dog that needs dentures. Street dogs eat a lot of the human trash to survive and clearly it's not good for our teeth. We chew on bones thrown out without any meat on them and grind our fangs down prematurely. It's a means of survival. I have been here since a puppy and have good teeth. Mom says dental work for dogs is highly expensive. there are many dogs here from the streets needing dental work. Mom would need thousands of dollars to sort out all the dogs with dental problems here. She doesn't even go to the dentist herself.



This is Gaia. She also has mouth problems. She was laying in the road for three days unable to eat because a car hit her and broke her jaw. She also hurt her leg. Mom and Dad picked her up and took her straight to the vet clinic for surgery. She has a mouth full of wire and a retainer of resin to hold it all together. She doesn't say much as she can't bark. She wags her tail a lot and I like her. Not as much as I like Gemma though. She gets special food as she can't chew. Here she is before they wired her up and after. We can't wait for her to be able to talk and tell us her story. Everyone here has a story to tell. We all came from the streets before we met Mom and Dad. .




Gaia may not be able to talk, but she is a happy girl always wiggling her butt and smiling especially when she sees me. She has good taste like Gemma  (My girl). Gemma loves me. We have been together many years now. That's Gemma below.


Mom and dad also picked up a mom and her puppy. They were abandoned in cold, rainy weather. They were hungry. The little puppy's ribs had begun to show. We have all known hunger here. Except for the pups born here when Mom and Dad rescued the three pregnant dogs. Hunger is a horrible feeling. I remember when I was very young wanting my mom's milk or just something to eat. I was lucky someone dumped me outside of Mom and Dad's house and they heard me crying.



This puppy still cries if she doesn't have her mom. They will be safe and fed now. There have been so many new dogs and so much has happened I can't tell you all as I would need to write a book and I am quite a lazy dog so I won't be doing that. I will be blogging again though and will tell the news as it happens. I will post pictures of the new dogs now. If anyone wants to know more about them then please send me a message and also mention how handsome I am. I last blogged in April 2017 and since then there have been many, many new dogs. I think somewhere around fifty something. There may be more but my math isn't too good.  I will post a picture of each one and some showing how they looked when they arrived. Mom says I must blog once a week in future or else no biscuits for me. I love biscuits!
Okay here are all the new dogs and some aren't here as they got adopted. Will tell you more about those as well. This blog will be a long blog but I need the biscuits.


The dog above is Clarke found abandoned with Marlene.


This is Marlene the day Mom and Dad picked them up. Marlene is now a house dog and Clark has been adopted and will travel soon. Below is Marley. He was completely knotted up with dread locks that is how he got his name.



Natalie (below) was abandoned with a chain around her neck. She was very frightened. She soon came around though.




Lottie (below) was abandoned near the shelter. 


Heather was a tiny puppy that grew into a naughty dog. Abandoned near the shelter. She sits on the human's chairs and falls asleep with her head on the table. She chews the human's things. This morning it was a tube of toothpaste. 


 Iggy (below) was abandoned with a leg wound. 


Lauren (below) had a huge tumor that was left untreated and her humans thought it best if she stayed here with us. Her tumor was removed. 



Mack (below) was a tiny puppy and a very frightened puppy. 


Max (below) he lived on the streets outside of the bakery. We were all so shocked that he was so fat. The humans had been throwing snacks to him all day. Problem was they were unhealthy snacks. He could hardly walk when he arrived. If all street dogs were as clever as Max they would all hangout at bakeries. His name should really have been Einstein. 


This guy is Pete (below) abandoned near the shelter. 


This guy is Ralph (below) he had a head wound.


Ringo (below) came in very thin. 


Oliver another puppy came in us from near the local bakery (below)


Sybil  (below) was found lying in the ditch. She was hit by a car or a human and couldn't walk. 


Tina (below) She was run over.


Truffles (below) doesn't get on well with anybody and was adopted twice and dumped again as other dogs always attack her. Nobody knows why she always gets attacked. 


Zucchini (below) is Pumpkin and Kiwi's sister. He was adopted before Mom took in Pumpkin and Kiwi and then dumped a year later back on the streets.  


Leo (below) got shot several times and Mom and Dad got him a new piece of bone for his shattered leg. Mom says he still has pellets in him. He has been adopted and will travel just as soon as he can. 


Arthur (below) only has three legs. He got bitten by a spider and his human dumped him at the vet clinic and didn't come back. His leg was so bad it had to be amputated. 


Austin (below) was run over and had a badly broken leg and hip. 


Beanz and Rice (below) were unwanted puppies and have been adopted and will be traveling soon. 



Darcy their sister (below) is staying here in the house with us. 


Alana (below) was abandoned hungry and had mange



Basil (below) was left to die in a pool of blood after being run over. 


Then Mom and Dad picked up three pregnant females in two months. Phoebe a Beagle had seven puppies. Sunday called Sunday as she was found on a Sunday and gave birth the following Tuesday. She had six puppies and Jasmine had five puppies. Mom and Dad worked very hard when all the puppies were young. They pooped a lot. Ate a lot and made a lot of noise. Here are the moms with their litters. Jasmine has since been adopted and I heard that she lived in luxury in Nevada 


 Below are her puppies which are all still here. We are all hoping they get adopted quickly as they make too much noise. 

 Jasmine's Puppies.
Marko


Sally


Trixie


Willow


Zoey




Sunday's Puppies.

Betty


Jasper

Jazz


Lily


Milo




Phoebe had the most puppies she had seven. 

Terry


Guinness


Melba


Olivia


Rhia


Frankie


Susie




Jasmine got adopted and was happy to leave the puppies behind her. She was the best Mom as she was far more patient than Sunday and Phoebe. Phoebe must have been exhausted with her seven she is only a small dog and her puppies were larger than her all trying to play bite on her at the same time. She was enormous when she arrived.  Mom let me watch her give birth. I always wondered where we dogs come from. Now I know.  


Here is Phoebe happy to escape the seven little terrors. 
  

The puppies just filled up every space Mom could find and dad had to rush to build kennels quickly before the grew too much. 




I am supposed to cover all the news since my last blog.  I didn't do it because I am too tired now. I will be doing all the dogs that left since my last blog and then will stick to smaller blogs. Mom must surely give me some chicken for this huge blog. If you would like to help Mom and Dad look after us all please check out the Face Book page or Web site. 
 https://www.facebook.com/DogsInBrazil/
















4 comments:

Peppertheschnauser said...

Thanks for the blog Joey, I've missed reading it! I hope you get lots of biscuits for your efforts. Love from Pepper and Fraggle (Mum helped us write this)

Jans Funny Farm said...

what a lot of names to remember. You might be older but your mind is still sharp. Your mom and dad do great work and they deserve a more comfortable life with you all. Please take good care of them, as they do of you.

rajiv said...

Wow your article just an inspiration thanks for sharing best dog parents

Astrology Realm said...


Awesome dogs blog here!